Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Princeton, Dub Vee



I went home, to Princeton WV, for the first time since February & third time since making Luray VA my home nearly 8 months ago.

It was okay. It was nice to see something familiar. When I moved, they were just beginning construction on the free-standing Chick-fil-A and now it's open for business. It looked really busy.

A couple years ago during one of the "We forgot that this company hates gays, let's get outraged about it all over again" spats that we go through occasionally, the "right" staged a huge "Let's all eat here and show them!" protest. The picture of hundreds of people packed at the Chick-fil-A at the mall was the one that a lot of national news outlets picked up and used.

I had fun. Saw a few friends that I hadn't been in touch with in several months. Made a couple new friends. Got some new shoes. A good weekend overall.

Not sure when I'm going in again. My birthday is August 18, so somewhere around that weekend may be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment