Monday, November 30, 2015

George Harrison (1943-2001)



Everybody's third-favorite member of The Beatles died November 29, 2001. He was the first member of the group to release a solo album, and he also has the highest-selling solo album of any former member of The Beatles.

I was in the 10th grade when Harrison died. I knew of The Beatles and enjoyed what I had heard of them up to that point. I didn't know much about Harrison in particular. I got much more into the group in college and the members solo careers.

Just thought I would commemorate the anniversary of his death. Next year will be the 15th anniversary, so I would expect more of a mainstream memorial. 

Click here to see a cool article about his musical contributions to The Beatles.

Click here to read my Top 25 Beatles songs that I ranked a couple years ago.

Click here to read what I wrote shortly after The Beatles finally released their music catalog to iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment