Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Some articles I've written

I've been slacking with my writing lately. This whole summer has seen me be uninspired and lazy, not putting forth a lot of content. But, I see that changing. I've been a little more interested in being alive and writing. Below are some links to stuff that I've written for some various sites and publications.

What Do I Do With This Picture Now? ... A fun tale about a girl from college flirting with me via nude photographs. Then there's a twist ending and I wonder what to do with the picture I still have. Over 3000 views on Thought Catalog; add yourself to that number.

10 Thoughts From My 10-Year Reunion ... Readers of the blog & listeners of the podcast will know that I went to my 10-year high school reunion recently. I asked a couple friends whose opinions I trust if they would be interested in reading something like this. They all said yes, so I wrote it and enjoyed it. Settled around 2000 views.

Observing Young WWE Fans ... I'm an infrequent contributor over at the "Camel Clutch Blog," a side dedicated to professional wrestling. I occasionally throw a piece up over there. I was recently watching wrestling with some kids in the area of 15-20 years younger than me and noticed how different we were. It got me thinking and this is what happened.

Independence dominates in annual Patriot Bowl ... What's black, white, and read all over? I guess that joke doesn't work well when you write it out. Anyway, I'm covering some high school football for the Beckley Register-Herald. It's a cool opportunity and I'm excited about it.

That's all for now here. I have more ideas for things to write, I just have to get around to doing them. And, fun things are happening on the podcast front; I'm excited about that. I also have a few things I tried to write but wasn't really feeling it and nothing happened. Those will eventually get finished and put somewhere or they'll be fodder for B-Sides, volume 02 whenever that is eventually released.

3 comments:

  1. Is the article about the girl and her nudes true? If so, that's insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100 percent true. I couldn't make up something that crazy if I tried.

      Delete