Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Thoughts



One of my favorite jokes to tell music people is "What do Eric Clapton and coffee have in common? They both suck without Cream." I don't even think that's true, but I think it's funny to say it.

What has 9 arms and sucks? Def Leppard.

One of the first things I do when I get uncomfortable in a crowd is to put on my jacket. I don't know why.

I don't understand how people can't keep up with the news. Follow USA Today or CNN on Twitter. You don't even have to click the links; the headlines enough will give you a basic understanding of what's going on.

I also don't get how my Facebook friends can be so gullible and dim as to fall for fake news articles. Check the source; if you've never heard of it before, then take it with a grain of salt.

When discussing Michael Sam, the first openly gay NFL player, a friend actually said to me, "But wouldn't you feel weird about showering with him?" I don't understand why that's still an argument against gay athletes.

I recently saw Candace Nelson, my friend & former girlfriend, for the first time in nearly 2 years. That was fun.

The other day, I tried to think of the last time I wasn't tired. When I woke up and actually felt energy. I don't know. I've been running on auto pilot lately.

I don't know if I need more friends or more hobbies or both. I probably have enough friends. And hobbies.

Have talked to a girl multiple times at the bar when drunk. Saw her at the library while sober and didn't know what to do. Left without saying anything. Probably didn't help matters that I didn't remember her name.

I follow a lot of people on Twitter whose views I don't actually agree with. I do it just to see what they're saying. That's the same reason I occasionally check out Bill O'Reilly or Family Guy - to make sure I still don't like it.

All I can think of for now. I'll come back with some more eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment