Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Writing About Writing



I was in a bit of a funk for a few days/weeks/months/years there. I don't keep track of time anymore. I've felt good the last few days. I have my moments when I get down and full of self doubt and all that other dumb stuff. I guess I'm over that for the moment.

As most people do when they're 27, I'm re-assessing my life. I doubt I'll make any major changes, but I'm at least looking at things and figuring out what has got me to where I'm at.

I have the day free, so I've been thinking about what to do. I assume I'll use it for some sort of writing endeavor, but I just don't know what. You know you're scatter-brained when you legitimately say "Which book will I work on today?" 

I have one that is about 10,000 words in. I have the number 50,000 in my head. I feel like that book will have a more concrete body to it around that number. As we get closer to that, I'll give out more details. If you actually want to see some of those 10,000 words, look at my cover picture on Facebook.

The other one is nothing but notes written out on pages. I really can't do much with that one yet because I need to interview a bunch of people and make them the focus. To a lesser extent, I need to do that with the other book as well.

The first book is still out there on Amazon if anybody wants to buy it. I haven't given any serious thought to volume 02 of that series yet, but I'm sure I have some stuff laying around that I can throw in there.

Haven't sold a book in over a month. I didn't expect to, so I'm not upset about that. I never expected writing a book to do anything to change my life in any way. Just something I decided to do to see if I can do it. I'm not disappointed that it didn't sell a lot; I'm actually disappointed that people told me they were going to buy it and then didn't. But, it is what it is.

I submitted another piece to Thought Catalog. That should be up in the next day or so. I have a couple other pieces already written that I'm going to send in. Then I have pages & pages of ideas of stuff written down that I may or may not actually write (like this). I've actually thought about writing in my blog here a list of stuff that I wanted to write but never did. Just the title/description of something I intended to do. I don't know, I think it would be fun.

I haven't had the motivation to do a podcast lately. That episode 14 was atrocious; one of the worst things I've ever done in my life. I had a lot of good ideas and tried to set up interviews, but they either turned me down, weather got in the way of us meeting up, or we were never able to work something out. So, I'm at a creative impasse with that venture at the moment.

We'll see if anything happens. If anything goes up anywhere, I'll send out links.

3 comments: