Monday, March 17, 2014

Unfinished Works: Led Zeppelin


[This is the first in a series looking at notes written for articles that I never finished.]

In April of 2013, I wrote a pretty popular blog looking at my Top 25 Beatles Songs. People seemed to like it and I went on a kick of trying to come up with similar lists.

Most classic rock stations do some sort of Led Zeppelin theme during the month of September. They call it "Zepp-tember." Get it? September, Zepp...Tember?

Anyway... In September, I thought it would be a fun idea to go with my Top 25 Led Zeppelin songs. I wrote the list out and let it simmer for a few days. It has now been over six months.

I don't know if that's my actual 1-25, "I like this song better than this" listing. I just started writing 25 songs. That list is below:

1) "Hey Hey What Can I Do?"
2) "Over The Hills And Far Away"
3) "No Quarter"
4) "Going To California"
5) "All My Love"
6) "Fool in the Rain"
7) "Ramble On"
8) "When the Levee Breaks"
9) "Black Dog"
10) "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"
11) "Communication Breakdown"
12) "Good Times Bad Times"
13) "Dazed and Confused"
14) "Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)"
15) "Thank You"
16) "Immigrant Song"
17) "Out On The Tiles"
18) "Tangerine"
19) "Battle of Evermore"
20) "Stairway to Heaven"
21) "D'Yer Mak'er"
22) "The Ocean"
23) "The Rover"
24) "Houses of the Holy"
25) "Kashmir"

Had I made this into a proper blog post, I would have had links to the music on YouTube and I would have given comments about why I liked each song. But, I never got around to doing it.

I have pages upon pages of notes like this over at least the last 5 years, so I'll try to make this a semi-regular feature. It might be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment