Saturday, March 8, 2014

More Observations from March 8

What was I doing one year ago today? Sitting at Starbucks writing about what a good day I was having. Check it out: http://chrisslater.blogspot.com/2013/03/observations-from-march-8.html

What am I doing today? Sitting at Starbucks writing about what a good day I'm having.

While I doubt the snow is gone for good, it is certainly gone for the moment. It is a nice 61 degrees outside. There's still some snow in the shady spots, but it's much improved from the last month or so:

I've been trying to think of ways to better utilize my free time lately. I keep getting into moods where I just want to lay around all day. It's hard, but I think I'm doing better in that regard lately.

One thing that I've noticed over the years that sucks is when you stop being friends with your friends. I was bored and nostalgic the other night and began looking through the Twitter accounts of a couple friends.

They were both sporadic tweeters, so I was able to go all the way back to 2010 with one and 2012 with another. It was crazy to look back and realize that we were no longer living those times, but rather looking back at them. And we stopped continuing to live future times together.

I don't know why people stop being friends. Growing up often means growing apart. When your friends either go up or down in life, I'm still in the middle and things are no longer the same. One friend has a wife and kids, one has devolved into a drug problem, some have moved away, some have done whatever and we're no longer friends.

It's weird to think that 5 years ago or so there were people in your life that you either saw or talked to every day and now there is zero communication. And it's not like anything bad happened.

I don't know. Such is life, I guess.

I would consider myself to be in a state of transition. I just woke up about a week ago and realized all of the changes I needed to make in my life. The way I live my life is I do whatever it is I do until I see a negative consequence. I do something that may or may not be good for me until I can no longer do it. And then I stop.

I've made an assortment of changes in my life, I just have yet to see any tangible results from that yet. We'll see what happens. Maybe there will be results when I write the next edition of "Observations from March 8."

If you are not aware yet, I have started writing for the Thought Catalog website. It's been fun so far. I have cataloged my thoughts in various forms for most of my life, so any opportunity to expand upon that is always good. I have a page that showcases all of my articles I've written so far - http://thoughtcatalog.com/chrisf-slater/ 

I have a lot of ideas about things I want to explore with that site. There seems to be a lot Thought Catalog fans. Hopefully I can be a positive contributor.

That's all for now. If anybody is curious, Kelly and I did what we usually do on March 8 - exchange vague texts wondering about the importance of that day. Read the original March 8 blog if you don't know why.

That's all for now. I'll try to check in next March 8. And, hopefully, several times before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment