Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Episode 15: Brian Crandall



Episode 15 of the podcast. I talk to wrestling super-fan Brian Crandall about all things WWE and whatnot. We look at the direction of the wrestling industry as we head toward WrestleMania 30, discuss the WWE Network, look at the exit of CM Punk, the rise of Daniel Bryan, and so much more.

Apologies in advance for the sound quality. Well, not my quality - I sound great. I talked to Brian on the phone and his connection wasn't the best. There is a drop in quality when he starts talking, but he's easy to understand and you can still hear him. Just not quite as clear as when I'm talking.

Here are some previews of what Brian had to say:

Becoming a wrestling fan: Literally, as far back as I can remember. I never had that moment where I discovered wrestling. There was not a change in me the way there are a lot of wrestling fans. My dad watched it, my uncle watched it, I was born a wrestling fan.

Favorite wrestlers: I think my very first favorite would have been Sting ... I was a big fan of the Road Warriors, Sting, I loved the Steiner Brothers; they were my favorite tag team ever. Ric Flair was awesome in his own way.

Batista's return: I wasn't excited about it in the first place, but it's even far worse than I ever thought. Nobody cared. Even your average fan doesn't care. You'll always have your Internet Wrestling Community guys who don't care about anything. But, like nobody cared, not even the casual fan.

Zack Ryder's rise and fall: I'm always the last to know about anything popular. When I saw the chants that Ryder was getting, it was amazing ... People cared about Ryder as a person and a wrestler, but people weren't buying the "Broski" gimmick. It was for kids and a very niche adult audience and it wasn't going to get him where he needed to go. The more serious aspect he's taking, I think if he could somehow portray that into a heel character, a bad guy on TV, I think that it could work and he could go places with that.

Sting signing with WWE rumors: I would expect him to show up the night after WrestleMania. I think that this could be good and I think that Sting has a lot to offer. I don't think he'll do a whole lot onscreen, especially in the ring, but I think that Sting in the locker room would have a great influence on the guys.

All that and more. Give it a listen. Don't forget to check out The Best In Wrestling Facebook group that Brian runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment