Saturday, January 18, 2014

Podcast Index

The first 10 episodes of my podcast, neatly organized for your listening pleasure. It has taken me a while to get things figured out with what I'm trying to accomplish through this endeavor and how I'm doing that. It's still very much a work in progress, but I think I have a much better idea of what I'm doing here in the present and future.

If you haven't checked them out yet, give one or two a listen and decide if this is something you want to come along on the ride for. The shortest one in length is about 13 minutes and the longest is a little over an hour. I want to try and shoot for around half-hour, 40 minutes. Most podcasts are roughly an hour, but as I explain in episode 01, I feel like that's asking too much of a commitment. If the topic is interesting and informative, I won't set a time limit, but I don't really want to go much past 40 minutes.

As of right now, this is a weekly podcast. Looking into the possibility of doing two podcasts per week; one mostly me & one interviewing somebody else. Steve Austin does it, why can't I? We'll see what happens in that regard. I'll keep everybody updated.

To conclude: things are really looking good for the future of the podcast and I'm excited about watching it grow and prosper.

Episode 01: Introduction ... Referred to as the "practice-cast," I explain who I am and why I want to do this

Episode 02: customer service ... Talk about customer complaints I have received over the years of working in minimum wage jobs

Episode 03: Jeff Harvey ... An interview with a Princeton Times reporter about journalism in a small town, his time at Concord University (including what the Student Government & Concordian were like nearly 30 years ago), and more

Episode 04: Celia Laverty ... Concord University's main campus is located in Athens, but they also have a campus in Beckley and I speak with possibly the most-well-known Beckley student about it

Episode 05: Words and Whatever ... I explain my long absence from the podcast, discuss the death of a longtime Concord professor & talk about my favorite (and worst) professor, and get into the foibles of language

Episode 06: Ashley Green ... Took a trip to California to see my girlfriend; while there, we talk about the differences between WV & Cali, what makes a relationship work, and LGBT issues

Episode 07: B-Sides & Snow ... I published my first book, "B-Sides: rarities and unreleased works, vol. 01" and give background on that, in addition to mentioning one of my least favorite things: snow

Episode 08: Duck Dynasty & Santa ... The recent "anti-gay" comments by a Duck Dynasty star got him into a lot of hot water; I look through Facebook to see what people are saying about it (good and bad), and I also talk about some Santa-related issues in the news

Episode 09: Ashley Green, again ... Ashley was not supposed to be a guest again so soon; the plan had been to record an interview and use it a few weeks later, but the scheduled episode 09 guest had to back out so Ashley and I talk about the serving industry & social media etiquette.

Episode 10: Princeton Renaissance Project ... I speak with Lori McKinney, one of the heads of the PRP about how this came about, why it's important, what they've done and what they will do in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment