Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Episode 12: Darkness Remains
Episode 12 of the podcast. Darkness Remains? If you don't know, you will. They were a fairly big local metal band in Princeton, WV from 2002 until 2006. I talk to two of the former members, John Fralick (vocals & guitar) and Bob Chapman (guitar).
The Darkness Remains interview closes out the podcast. Before we get to those two, here's what I discuss:
- Facebook posts that make me angry. I tell a story involving Scott Noble and then discuss why I dislike those "Pay It Forward Initiative" posts.
- The Royal Rumble backlash concerning Daniel Bryan and Batista is brought up. I compare Daniel Bryan in 2013 & 2014 to "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in 1997 & 1998. That segues to the announcement of the WWE Network and I discuss why it is a great idea to purchase the network.
- Talk about McDonalds selling a burger topped with Fritos. With Fritos! From there, I talk about a story idea I have for a local newspaper or magazine. What is that story idea that involves food? You'll have to listen to find out.
- Twitter account of the week is @writerporn. Fun collection of articles. I read some bits and pieces of one called The Most Wonderfully Wistful Winnie-the-Pooh Quotes. Check that twitter account out. Good times.
- Podcast ends with the Darkness Remains interview. Click here to listen to the song that we heard during the interview. You can click the links to listen to their first album, To Touch The Depths Of Sorrow and their second album, Lamia.
- I mention a Modest Mouse song at one point in the podcast. Click here to hear it.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE "B-SIDES: RARITIES AND UNRELEASED WORKS, VOL. 01"