Monday, March 25, 2013

Look at me, I have a job!

I have a job! *

*pending a successful background check

That's just a formality, so within the next week or something, I should be selling phones and accessories and whatnot at RadioShack, located at the Walmart plaza. That looks like it should be fun. At the very least, it looks to be less stressful than my previous job. And, that's what I need right now. My mind was fried at Outback. I was miserable and probably making life miserable for others around me.

A toxic environment is not good for anybody. I got out of it (was forced out of it) and it's for the best. We'll see where life takes me. I tweeted from the Mountain Slate twitter account for the first time in a couple months. Hopefully I'll have time to really develop that. I'm not going back to school until the fall, so I need something to keep me occupied. I feel bad that I finally unveiled my side project and then basically quit working on it. I'm sure a lot of people aren't surprised. "Oh, he never finishes what he starts." Well, this isn't school - this will actually be fun, so I intend to finish it. It's just taken a lot more time to get it off the ground than I anticipated.

So, we'll see where I go from here. At least I'm not going to experience those "hard times" I mentioned in my previous blogs. Maybe I'll start to experience life more along the lines of Ric Flair, the man Dusty Rhodes was going to give "hard times" to in that video. Click here to see where I may go one day.

To sort of segue to wrestling (I'll be done soon...), the WWE's biggest pay-per-view of the year, WrestleMania, is coming up Sunday, April 7. I'm kind of sad to say that I'm very underwhelmed with WWE's promotion of WrestleMania XXIX. This year's offering has jokingly been referred to online as "RematchMania," as most of the main matches are things we have seen before. The Rock and John Cena were the main event of last year's WrestleMania. Brock Lesnar and Triple H were the main event of last year's SummerSlam. The Undertaker and CM Punk have feuded before, but I am intrigued in this match. The only reason is that I have a faint glimmer of hope that Punk will finally be the one to defeat The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

The other wrestling promotion, TNA iMPACT Wrestling, has got my interest. Their ongoing Aces & 8's storyline was starting to drag, but the reveal of Bully Ray as the leader and his capturing of the TNA World Heavyweight Championship is very interesting. Ray has been one of the top stars in TNA for a couple years now, to the surprise of everybody. He had been a tag team wrestler for years and reinvented himself as a legitimate solo threat. And now he is the top wrestler in the number two promotion in the world. It shows that hard work really does pay off.

And, that's it for wrestling talk today.

Filming has officially started on "Girl Meets World," the official spinoff of "Boy Meets World." Boy Meets World has officially entered cult classic status, as new generations have discovered it and consider it their favorite television show. It was one of my favorites and I anticipated every Friday night that I could watch it on ABC's "TGIF" lineup.

Follow the official(?) twitter account for more information. They've been tweeting pictures from filming. Most of the original gang is back, but it's unsure if they're regulars or if they're just cameo appearances for the first show. They posted pictures of Mr. Feeny, Shawn, and Eric.

In music news, My Chemical Romance broke up. Apparently they have a very rabid fan base, as I've read reports and have seen a few people I follow on twitter react to the news in a very negative way.

I discovered MCR probably when most people did - 2004 and 2005, when they were at their peak. The mtvU channel for colleges had "I'm Not Okay" in heavy rotation, then their second single "Helena" hit and they became pretty mainstream for a while.

They were a good band. I didn't hear a bad song from them. But, I'm not really losing any sleep that they decided to break up. They released an album in 2010 and nobody really said anything about it, so they were on the downslide anyway.

In embarrassing music news, I'm digging this new Fall Out Boy track. Disregard that last sentence. But, seriously, I've liked them ever since I first heard them. I hate their music videos, though. That's mostly because I hate music videos that stop the music and do stuff, and they do that in most of their videos.

I mostly like them because the name Fall Out Boy is an obscure Simpsons reference. They get points for that.

A final note. If you're a fan of "The Big Lebowski," (and if you're not, WHAT!?) then you need to come out to Concord University's first-annual "Lebowski Fest." It's a real thing; they have them all around the world. There's even a legitimate religion based on the movie. It is this Wednesday, March 27, starting at 6 p.m. There will be a trivia contest, Wii bowling, live music, and a screening of the movie. That should be a fun time. Click here to see a 2 minute video of every "Fuck" uttered in the film. You can fit a lot into two minutes.

1 comment: