Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tricycle Offense post: Rock vs Cena

Here's the latest piece I sent in to the multimedia blog Tricycle Offense. It's a dvd review of the WWE-produced 3-disk set looking at the year-long feud between John Cena and The Rock. Here's the link - http://tricycleoffense.com/2012/11/28/was-rock-v-cena-really-once-in-a-lifetime/

As the title states, "Was Rock vs Cena really once in a lifetime?" I don't really think it is. It's a good documentary, which you'll learn more about if you click the link. I just feel like they over hyped it a little bit as being "the best ever." And, also, it looks like a Cena/Rock rematch will be taking place at WrestleMania 29 in April, so it's really not once in a lifetime if that comes to fruition.

I have a couple more DVD reviews I'm going to be sending in soon. I recently watched the 3-disk sets looking at the nWo and the "Attitude Era." Both were interesting. As soon as I get motivated I'll send those in. An idea is also percolating in my head to write a piece looking at the sharp contrast between Zack Ryder's 2011 (when he was one of the most popular superstars in WWE) to his 2012 (where he's in a comedy tag team with Santino Marella and treated like a joke). It sort of ties into the Attitude Era dvd in a way.

If there's anything you'd like to see my write about, let me know and I'll try to crank something out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment