Sunday, December 30, 2012

End of 2012

The year is almost over. I've had a few people ask what I'm doing for New Year's Eve. I've never really seen that as a holiday to celebrate. Mostly, because it's not really a holiday. It's a day. But, I enjoy drinking alcohol in moderation (or not in moderation), so I guess I'll probably "celebrate" the occasion somehow.

Several of my recent New Year's Eves have been spent at Pizza Hut. I watched the year change as I watched people clean and I did fancy management computer stuff. I'll more than likely be able to actually do "stuff" this time. So, we'll see what happens with that.

The last month of the year, like the last few years, has seemingly been a blur. The whole year seems like it went by quickly. It really doesn't seem like 12 months ago when I wrote that blog looking at legislation that would allow medical marijuana in West Virginia. I don't recall hearing anything else about that this year. I emailed the delegate who drafted the legislation and he (or his office) never replied to me.

It's started snowing again, which I'm not a fan of. I guess I'm not necessarily against snow, I just don't like it being cold. If it's going to be cold, it might as well snow. A lot of people I know seem to like it.

I guess that's all I've got for a retrospective looking at my 2012. It's been very underwhelming. We could probably even say it was a wasted year. Hopefully 2013 will see me accomplish a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment