Sunday, October 28, 2012

My coffee pot

I couldn't sleep. Having Saturday off from work messed with my sleep schedule a little bit. It's presently early Sunday morning. I work at noon. I decided that sleep wasn't going to work anymore, so I'm sitting at Starbucks killing some time. Should be an interesting day.

The ironic thing about spending a lot of time at Starbucks is that I don't like coffee. I enjoy the occasional Chai Tea (iced or hot), so at least I have something to drink while I goof off on my computer.

A running joke between me and my grandpa was him always asking if I wanted to drink coffee with him. Around the time he realized I was somewhat of an adult, he innocently asked me one day if I drank coffee. I said no. He seemed flabbergasted that you couldn't like coffee. As a result, every time I came in to visit, he would always try to get me to drink coffee.

When I moved into my first apartment in 2009, my grandpa might have been more excited about it than me and went on a spending spree, buying me a bunch of stuff he thought I would need for the apartment. I think the only thing I actually use that he bought is a paper towel holder. When I questioned the coffee maker he gave me, he told me that he would need it for whenever he came to visit me.

He only visited my old apartment once, and he drank all of his coffee at my mom's house, so he didn't need to open it. So, here we are nearing the end of 2012, and I still have this unopened coffee pot in one of my cabinets.

It's going to stay unopened. My grandpa died in February. I guess if you read my blog regularly you probably thought that, as I wrote a lot in December and January about him having cancer. Then he died. And I stopped writing about him. I didn't really know what to say. And I still don't, so I'll just leave with that story about the coffee pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment