Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Looney Tunes Show

Something a lot of people might not know about me is that I love cartoons. "But, Chris, aren't you 26-years-old?" Yes, I am. "And you still haven't graduated from college?" Leave me alone. Anyway, I never stopped watching cartoons and I still consider myself an avid fan of all animation. One of my favorite cartoons that I like to watch is "The Looney Tunes Show," the newest incarnation of Bugs, Daffy, Porky, and everybody's favorite 50+ year old cartoon characters.

Comedy is my favorite genre, and I like comedy that is smart. Something that a lot of people may not realize, especially these days, is that a lot of cartoons are really geared toward a multi-generational audience. There's the goofy jokes and slapstick for children, but then there's enough entertainment and social commentary and inside jokes and well-hidden adult humor that it appeals to an older audience.

The thing I like about "The Looney Tunes Show" is that it is bascially an animated sitcom. There is one story throughout the 30 minutes, unlike previous Looney Tunes incarnations. There's also a set world and continuity throughout the series. Daffy doesn't have a job and moves in with Bugs. Their best friend is Porky Pig. They get into hilarious situations by living their every day lives.

Episodes include Daffy and Bugs getting arrested for littering, Daffy sneaking Bugs into a country club, Porky hating his accounting job, Bugs getting a dog (which is actually the Tazmanian Devil), Daffy trying to get a job, and probably the funniest episode is when Bugs and Daffy's neighbor, Yosemite Sam's power goes out and he has to stay with them.

If you like cartoons, give this show a chance. If you remember the old Bugs & Daffy cartoons from your youth, check out this new incarnation. It's hilarious.





1 comment:

  1. This is a joke. This has to be a joke. You call yourself a journalist? I had no idea that the lives of animated characters qualified as news. This blog reads more like the ramblings of a 16-year-old girl than the stories affecting the world. This garbage belongs right next to "Weekly World News" in terms of news value.

    ReplyDelete