Monday, September 10, 2012

A collection of thoughts

I typed this a blank word document last night around 5:30 am after I attempted to clean/rearrange my apartment - "Sometimes I feel like I’m going insane. Or it might be from not having enough sleep. I tried to clean my apartment and it didn’t work out well. The biggest issue is that I feel like there are not enough places for stuff that I own. So stuff gets put on top of stuff, on top of more stuff, under stuff, beside stuff. Etcetera, etcetera. I cleaned a lot and I’m left with a different kind of mess. Even though I own nothing, I feel like I own too much stuff. Maybe I just need more closet space."

Yeah. I was pretty tired and wired at the same time. And moving stuff around in my apartment kicked up a lot of dust, so I was sneezing a lot on top of it. But, it looks a little more organized at the moment. I still wouldn't qualify it as clean, but we're working on it.

Slowly but surely, we'll get there. "Slowly but surely" is usually what I say when people ask me how college is going. I'm working on my degree, slowly but surely.

* * *

In other news, to update you on an earlier blog post, my new phone battery came in the mail a few weeks back. That seemed to be the issue, as my blackberry is working wonderfully. Well, as wonderfully as a blackberry works.

I don't know why the battery would suddenly just go from a full charge to like 10 percent in a matter of moments once I started doing anything on my phone. I hadn't downloaded anything new, nor was I doing anything differently.

I talked to a lady at the AT&T store at the Mercer Mall who suggested I wipe all of my downloads off my phone and re-download them. There were two reasons I didn't want to do that - 1) I didn't think that was the problem. 2) I have all of my apps strategically placed on my phone in order of both importance and convenience. It's an odd, OCD-esque placement system and I didn't want to deal with putting everything in its proper place again.

The lady I talked to seemed to be against the idea of ordering a new battery. But, I did that anyway (in addition to ordering a new case), and it did the trick. Everything is fine in that regard.

On a related note, I may flirt with the idea of switching over to an iPhone one of these days...

* * *

It was cold for the first time in a long time two nights ago. I guess summer is officially coming to a close and autumn is working its way upon us. Most people I talk to see fall as their favorite season. I'm not a fan. I prefer Spring. I don't like the idea of fall because I know winter is on its way. And while the leaves look nice as different colors, I don't like seeing them die.

Click here to see a blog I wrote a couple years ago, where I posted a nice picture of a tree during fall. The picture is at the bottom of the blog.

* * *

Five or six days ago at work, I was talking to a table I was waiting on. It was a middle-aged couple and they hadn't been to Outback very often. They were asking me some general questions about it. The lady then asked how long I had worked there. After I answered, she asked where I worked at before that. I said Pizza Hut. She responded, "I thought you looked familiar." I don't think it will ever end. Click here to see what I'm talking about.

* * *

Magazine update: Life keeps getting in the way of making it happen. Plans are still on. I have some ideas in my head. I feel like the next few weeks should be interesting in that regard. I'll update you on this update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment