Monday, August 20, 2012

XXVI

Turned 26 on August 18. I spent it at the wedding of my friend Shane. It was a nice event. There was an afterparty at Danny's, a local Princeton bar. I went home to change and fell asleep. I guess I'm not as young and spry as I used to be.

The biggest thing about turning 26 is that I need a new theme song about how subpar my life is. "25 years and my life is still trying to get up that great big hill of hope for a destination." That worked well for a year. If you have any ideas let me know.



Click here to hear Aaron Lewis of Staind do an accoustic cover.

4 comments:

  1. I remember being in grade school and thinking that the 9th graders (the oldest kids at our grade school) were pretty much grownups. Then, later, I remember seeing friends' college-age older siblings come home in the summer and thinking "Wow, they are really grown up and have their crap together." My mom had me at 22. The first time I remember knowing her age she was 32. My 'baby' sister is turning 26 in two weeks.

    I guess the point of all of that is that I'm about to turn 30, and I'm not sure how to approach that number. Good luck with 26 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember always thinking that the people older than me had their lives together. Then as I got to that age I realized that they really didn't and looked ahead to the next age bracket to see when things would come together for me.

      What I'm starting to learn at this age is that nobody really ever gets their life on track.

      But, thank you, and I hope 30 works out well for you.

      Delete
    2. I'm the same way with thinking older folks (even by a year or two) had their lives together. I'm hoping...that people in their 50's know where it's at! ;)

      Delete
  2. Somedays I'm
    As young as I feel. Early 30's. Other days I've earned my 42 years. I try to be thankful and happy. I'm going to keep thinking about that theme song.. I think my life has several so far.

    ReplyDelete