Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tricycle Offense posts

I have now posted 4 articles to the Tricycle Offense multimedia blog. I feel like all of them are pretty good, particularly my Nigel McGuinness piece. If you have not had a chance to read them, check out the links below.

Chris Benoit: 5 Years Later ... A look at the recent anniversary of one of the worst days to be a wrestling fan, when it was discovered that Chris Benoit killed his wife, child, then killed himself. I recall finding out the news, the aftermath, then I look at Chris Benoit's legacy and aftermath, some of which is actually positive.

The Monday Night War ... This 2002 DVD was only $4.99 at FYE, so I felt like I had to buy it. I had heard bad things about it and wanted to see for myself. I did not like this documentary about the war between WWE Monday Night Raw and WCW Monday Nitro.

The Ballad of Nigel McGuinness ... CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are on top of the WWE right now. Were it not for a series of unfortunate setbacks, I feel like Nigel McGuinness - Desmond Wolfe in TNA - would be right there with them. I look at his career and the Ring of Honor documentary released about him. It's sad to watch at times. I try to write wrestling posts in a way that non-wrestling fans can relate to them. It's always hit or miss on whether I accomplish that, but I feel like I did a good job of that with this one. I didn't write about a wrestler. I wrote about a person who wrestles.

A History Of The Money In The Bank Briefcase ... After John Cena announced that he was cashing in his briefcase, I look back at the previous 10 MITB cash-ins and rank them. I also give a little bit of history and trivia.

That's all I have for the site right now. I have some ideas in my head for future posts that I'll be sending in soon. I tweet the links after they get posted, so if you follow me there you can read them that way. If not, I'll periodically post blogs like this with some links.

If you have anything you'd like to see me write about, feel free to leave a comment here or on Facebook, where most of the commenting about my blogs happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment