Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Musings

The only thing stopping me is me. I’m not sure if I can overcome that, though.

I miss my Nintendo 64.

Some of my most favorite memories are from middle school age, sitting upstairs at my grandpa’s house. Not a care in the world. I long for the simplicity of those days.

I have nearly every piece of paper I have ever used to take notes, conduct interviews, or do anything related to Concord University’s newspaper staff since my first story in 2004. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to keep track of all that stuff. I might incorporate it into some sort of project later in life.

My feet hurt all the time. I move too much during the day and I hate it. My shoulder used to hurt a lot, but I’ve gotten used to that particular pain. Now I don’t notice it as much. The feet, though, that’s a different thing all together. Working a job you hate causes feet pain.

One of my biggest regrets is that I never followed up on my idea to interview Joseph Marsh in 2007. If you don’t go to Concord you probably don’t know that name. If you do or did, you still might not know that name. He died in 2009.

I like the idea of smoking marijuana. But I don’t like the actual process of it. I enjoy the idea of having a mood that is not my own. Maybe I should focus instead on trying to change my surroundings, which would then go a way toward changing my mood.

I never liked the taste of Pizza Hut food. I remember eating there in 1998 and hating it, and then once in 2001 and hating it then too. Then I worked at Pizza Hut from 2005 until 2011. I ate it several times a week, and probably stretches of several times a day, for several years. I tolerated it. I ate it once since leaving there and hated it. If I never eat Pizza Hut again, I won’t complain.

I need to find all of my books. During a 2008 move, I put them in boxes and was told they were going to a specific spot. I have not been able to find them since. Admittedly, I haven’t really looked that hard. I’d like to re-read several of them.

I’m thinking of switching over to the iPhone. The foundation upon which the BlackBerry lays upon seems to be shaky. They don’t seem to be a very solid company right now. Part of that seems to be due to the proliferation of the Android system, which I consider to be “smartphones for dummies.”

I wish the world worked on an opposite time schedule. I wish we all woke up at 6 p.m. and went to bed at noon. I enjoy the world better at night.

I have never eaten a cherry. But I enjoy cherry as an artificial flavor. Cherry Coke is my favorite soft drink. Trivia: there used to be “soft drinks” and “hard drinks,” referring to carbonated and non-carbonated beverages, essentially. “Hard drinks” went out of style as a term.

I don’t understand why people hate gay people. They’re just like other people.

I have a lot of ideas, but not enough time or space to properly explain them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment