Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Daniel Bryan's WWE Saga

Last week, I blogged about the awesome Daniel Bryan moment that took place after the April 2, episode of WWE's Monday Night Raw. The crowd was expressing its displeasure with Bryan losing his World Heavyweight Championship in only 18 seconds at WrestleMania 28. They expressed that by cheering loudly for Bryan throughout the entire night, even when he wasn't there. It all culminated in a wonderful moment after the show ended where Bryan addressed the fans. The video is embedded in the blog I linked above.

Since CM Punk broke out last summer and became the superstar that everybody expected him to be, I've been blogging a lot about the two wrestlers. A lot of other people have, too.

I was watching SummerSlam last August with my girlfriend. Daniel Bryan had a match against Wade Barrett. When Bryan came out, I got very excited. That prompted Candace to ask a question that I have been trying to answer for nearly a year: "Why do you have such a hard-on for Daniel Bryan?"

Basically, what I said then was that I wasn't the biggest fan of WWE's "Daniel Bryan" at the time, but more of a Bryan Danielson fan and, more importantly, a fan of what I knew he could and should achieve in WWE.

Daniel Bryan tweeted an article titled "Daniel Bryan's WWE Saga" earlier today. I read it and was blown away. First of all, I was amazed that Bryan would post a link to an article that is almost anti-WWE at times. Secondly, I was amazed that the author did such an amazing job explaining why I (and so many others) love Daniel Bryan. The link is below.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7782963/daniel-bryan-john-cena-indie-wrestling-taking-center-stage-monday-night-raw

Read it. Absorb it. Understand it. It's great.

2 comments:

  1. Because I'm not the biggest wrestling fan, this article made things much more clear to me. Also, sorry I'm so ladylike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this yesterday. I have to say the trip to Miami and seeing how over Bryan is with all the fans is a huge difference from what we've seen on TV the past few months. I have to say it's even started to make me a fan.

    Also, I love Grantland.com, lol.

    ReplyDelete