Saturday, February 4, 2012

Concord University Alternative Spring Break

Concord University is holding one final interest meeting for their annual "Alternative Spring Break" event, Monday February 6 at 6 p.m. in the State Room. It looks like this year's event will be held in Charleston, South Carolina. I don't know a lot about the events, as I've never participated, but I know some people who have. You travel with a group of people and do volunteer work. Past events have featured some religious undertones; I'm not sure about the current events.

For more information, check out the Alternative Spring Break blog. It also directs to their Facebook page. Link is here - http://concordasb.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

  1. Haha some of them have even had religious overtones... because they were sponsored by religious organizations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit publish too soon! I also meant to say thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. These events are a really good thing for the Concord community and surrounding areas. More people need to be aware of them.

      Delete