Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dairy Queen rant



In the last blog I posted, I included a link to an interview with professional wrestler Chris Jericho and I mentioned his second book, which comes out soon. That got me thinking about his first book, which was a look at his wrestling career up to his 1999 WWE debut (his 2nd book picks up from there). I had known about this video for several years, but it wasn't until reading Jericho's book that I realized he was the man filming this.

This video takes place around 1993 or 1994. Jericho was wrestling in Smokey Mountain Wrestling, a regional wrestling promotion based in the Kentucky/Tennessee area. As Jericho notes in his book, being from Canada this was quite a culture shock for him.

The guy doing the yelling is Jim Cornette, one of the most famous wrestling managers ever (and at the time, the promotor of SMW aka Jericho's boss). The explosive temper came in handy during wrestling promos, when it was time to be loud and angry. But, he has a reputation of not being able to turn that performace switch off and tends to have the explosive temper all the time, as the employees of this Dairy Queen found out.

I just thought this was something funny to share. Be warned, there is quite a bit of foul language.

No comments:

Post a Comment