Saturday, December 11, 2010

Inclement Weather Exam Schedule & some other snow notes

Below is a listing of Concord's inclement weather final exam schedule. Some of the times aren't affected, but a few of the earlier ones have been rescheduled. If the inclement weather exam schedule goes into effect, a text alert will be sent out. Click here for information on how to sign up for the text alerts.

MWF 8:00 AM..........Rescheduled: Friday, Dec. 17, 2:00-4:15 PM
MWF 9:00 AM..........Rescheduled: Friday, Dec. 17, 4:30-6:45 PM
MWF 10:00 AM..........Rescheduled: Wed., Dec. 15, 4:30-6:45 PM
MWF 11:00 AM.....No change: Mon., Dec. 13, 11:30 AM–1:45 PM
MWF 12:00 PM......No change: Fri., Dec. 17, 11:30 AM – 1:45 PM
MWF 1:00 PM.......No change: Wed., Dec. 15, 11:30 AM–1:45 PM
MWF 2:00 PM............No change: Monday, Dec. 13, 2:00-4:15 PM
MWF 3:00 PM................No change: Wed., Dec. 15, 2:00-4:15 PM

TR 8:00 AM..................Rescheduled: Tues., Dec. 14, 4:30-6:45 PM
TR 9:30 AM.................Rescheduled: Thurs., Dec. 16, 4:30-6:45 PM
TR 11:00 AM.........No change: Tues., Dec. 14, 11:30 AM – 1:45 PM
TR 12:30 PM........No change: Thurs., Dec. 16, 11:30 AM – 1:45 PM
TR 1:00 PM..........No change: Thurs., Dec. 16, 11:30 AM – 1:45 PM
TR 2:00 PM.................No change: Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2:00-4:15 PM
TR 3:30 PM.....................No change: Thurs., Dec. 16, 2:00-4:15 PM

* * *

According to the Weather Channel app for my BlackBerry, a winter storm watch is in effect from Sunday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon (12-11 through 12-14), with the possibility of 6-12 inches of snow. So, that's not good. Exercise caution when traveling these next few days.

This is reminding me of last year, when the snow just started pouring down and didn't stop for a couple weeks. It canceled Concord's fall graduation ceremony. I remember where I was when it started, because it wasn't part of my usual routine and stuck out for me.

It was December 18, 2009, and I was at Pizza Hut for a couple hours. The manager on duty needed to leave for a couple hours and asked me to watch the store for him. Nothing was going on and myself and the two other employees there were sitting in a booth, when we noticed that it had started snowing. Within an hour, it looked like this:


It got so horrible so quickly. The other manager got stuck in slow-moving traffic in the snow and was delayed getting back to work by about two hours. One of the delivery drivers walked out, saying that he wasn't driving in the snow. It was just a crazy, crazy couple hours.

The snow continued throughout the night. I had to work the next morning at 8 a.m. I leave my apartment and walk to my car. Luckily, I lived down the street from Pizza Hut at the time, as I quickly decided that I was walking to work:


The actual walk to work wasn't so bad. It was cold, but it was that cold where it's so cold that you don't feel it anymore. The streets hadn't been cleared yet and there was no traffic. That was good for me, since I couldn't find the sidewalks and had to walk in middle of the street:



I wound up walking to work for 4 days. After that, the weather was still bad, but it had stopped snowing and I was able to get my car out of that mountain of snow. Things stayed pretty bad for a couple weeks, then finally settled down to just being bad.

Hopefully this winter doesn't wind up being like that.

On a positive note, there was one cool thing about all the snow and it was on a bush outside of my apartment. Nobody altered the snow in any way, it just naturally forms like this, as I've seen it a couple other times:

No comments:

Post a Comment