I had an enjoyable Thanksgiving Break from Concord University. The reason I enjoyed my break so much was because I spent it with my girlfriend, Candace Nelson. She traveled from Morgantown (at the top of West Virginia) all the way to Princeton (at the bottom of the state) and stayed there all week with me.
This was Candace's second trip to Princeton. She stayed for 3 or 4 days in August before the semester started. I usually make the drive to see her, as it's easier to adjust my schedule than it is hers. But for the break she had the entire week off from work and I had most of the week off, so she came to see me.
I like getting to see Candace for extended periods of time. Usually we just get to see each other for the weekend and there's not really a lot of time to relax. We're so excited to be around each other and then it's time for me leave the next day. We had an entire week together so we could relax and not be so rushed to have fun with each other.
A few things we did:
- took a trip to Brush Creek Falls
- went to Danny's, a local sports bar
- went to a strip club
- introduced her to my mom
- had Thanksgiving with her parents (5-hour trip from Princeton; 2nd time I met them)
- ate at the coolest truck stop diner ever
- made rice krispie treats
- introduced her to several of my friends
- met one of her friends (weird coincidence that her friend from Morgantown was also in Princeton)
- and several, several more fun & exciting things
It's rough not being able to see her as much as I'd like. But this week with her was fun. And, the winter break from school is coming up so hopefully we'll get to see each other a lot more. We'll see what happens.