Sunday, October 17, 2010

8 - "Jigga What/Faint," Jay-Z & Linkin Park



I like Jay-Z and I like Linkin Park. Their Collision Course album is a pretty cool concept and one of my favorite tracks from it is "Jigga What/Faint." It occupies the number 8 spot on my list.

Looking through my list I realized that it's very rock-oriented. There's not really a lot of other genres represented. I looked through my iTunes to see where most of the rap songs are located. There's around the 80s-100s. So, if I had made the list bigger there would have been more rap included. But, then I never would have finished this list as it's already taken wayyyy longer than I ever thought it would.

If you have the opportunity, check out the Collision Course album. Also, if you're not opposed to getting music through less-than-honest means, you should check out the Jay-Z/Beatles mashup of Jay's Black Album and The Beatles' White Album, which is appropriately known as the Grey Album. The album was put together by famous DJ, Danger Mouse. He's also one-half of Gnarls Barkley. You know their song - "Does that make me craaaaazyyyyyyy?"

You can click here to hear one of the few Grey Album tracks that YouTube hasn't disabled. The people in charge of The Beatles music, Apple Music, did not like the tracks being used without their permission. I don't have any links to interviews, but I recall both Jay-Z and Paul McCartney being quoted as saying that they like the mashups. In fact, shortly after the Grey Album came out Jay-Z and Paul McCartney performed together at the Grammys. Click here to see the video. McCartney comes out at the end; nobody knew he was going to show up. It's pretty cool.

As a general warning, this song & another one I linked contain some profanity. Put your headphones in before listening in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment