Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I need to grow up...

A funny story I wanted to share:

I was sitting in my journalism night class earlier. It's called "High School Publication," and is a class about how to teach journalism to high school students. It's more of a class for education majors, as opposed to me, but I think it's a cool class.

Since most of the education majors don't have a lot of journalism experience, the professor is mostly just going over the basics. She knows me and occasionally uses me as an example in the class - "Chris knows what I'm talking about, right?" stuff like that.

She was talking about problems with running into having a story that is too short. She was using technical terms. Terms that I, as a 24-year-old adult with some journalism experience, knew. For some reason, I was the only person in the class to have the most juvenile response to them.

"What do you do when you have six inches, but you only have five and a half to fill it with? You've gotta fill that hole with another half an inch. Chris, I see you smiling and giggling, have you run into this before?"

I need to grow up...

1 comment: