Wednesday, September 15, 2010

19 - "The Unforgiven II," Metallica



Number 19 on my list of the top 50 most-played songs on my computer's iTunes is Metallica's "The Unforgiven II," from their Re-Load album. Last summer, I got into a bit of a Metallica kick, specificially their Load and Re-Load albums, which caused a lot of their songs to be high on the list. As I've explained in previous posts, this list isn't of my favorite songs, it's just of songs I've listened to more than others.

With that said, though, I do enjoy this song. So far, this is song is part of a trilogy, spanning three albums. The first song, "The Unforgiven," appeared on Metallica's breakthrough self-titled "Black Album," and the latest, "The Unforgiven III," is on their most-recent album, 2008's Death Magnetic.

I enjoy a good anthemic, pounding song, and that's what "The Unforgiven II" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment