Sunday, August 15, 2010

Me & Candace Nelson...

I've known about this for a couple weeks, so it's not very exciting to me, but since it just hit Facebook today there's a bit of a buzz going on. I have a girlfriend. Her name's Candace. She's pretty cool.

The story of how we met is kind of unconventional. We came to each others attention through Twitter.

About two months ago I was playing around on Twitter when I noticed the "list" feature. I hadn't checked it out in a while and noticed I was on several lists, which is where users can group others users together. I clicked a list for "tweeters" from West Virginia and started looking at some of the people on there. I noticed this girl named @Candace07 and clicked her profile. I noticed two things - 1) she was cute. 2) she was Editor-in-Chief of West Virginia University's newspaper. So, I followed her.

She actually made the initial contact, over Twitter Direct Message. We sent a couple messages back and forth that night. Then I sent her a message about a week later. A couple hours later we were texting each other and it progressed very quickly from there.

To make a long story short, texting each other turned into visiting each other, as I blogged about a couple times (click here & here to read those). I've driven to Morgantown to see her three times. She drove down to Princeton to see me once. One time she was in Beckley and I saw her there.

It's really weird. We've only known of each others existence for about two months. We've really only seen each other five times. We've only been around each other about 12 days. But, there's something there. It's hard to explain. Emotionally, physically, there's a connection. I like to look at her. I like to talk to her. I like to be around her. I don't know. It's weird.

That seems like enough for now. I'll probably have some more thoughts later. I'll let you know how this whole dating-a-girl-who-lives-3-hours-away thing works out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, la and LA. And I totally called it too. Do I get a finder's fee or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did call it. We'll work out a payment plan later.

    ReplyDelete