Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer update

I don't have much, just a bit of an update on what I do with myself.

I blogged a few weeks ago about how it didn't feel like summer yet. How, it was just starting to get hot outside & I kept waiting for it to go away. Well, it's finally sinking in that it's summer. We're approaching consecutive days of almost 100 degree weather. That's not very fun. Especially if you're a "heavy sweater" like I am.

I'm still chugging away at Pizza Hut. It's not much, but it beats doing something else for a living. At least I don't build houses or lift heavy stuff. I don't know, I can't think of anything clever off the top of my head.

I've come to the realization that I need to start a better exercise regiment. The one I'm currently on has me trying to lose weight by sitting around and not eating healthy. It's not working for me. I've never really been too self-conscious of the way I look, but I'm starting to not enjoy the added weight in my stomach area.

For some reason, Kelly posted a picture on her MySpace of me brushing my teeth that illustrates what I'm talking about. It's not bad, but I'd like to work on correcting this:



I'm at that stage where I need to buckle down and correct that before it gets any worse. We'll see how that goes. As of right now, it's just an idea in my head. I'm not really acting on it. Hopefully that changes soon.

That picture is from mine & Kelly's recent trip to Tamarack, in Beckley. For those who don't know, Tamarack is a arts and craft type place that is entirely local to West Virginia. There's art work, sculptures, books, music, knick-knacks, all sorts of cool shit. Click here to see her album from our day. There's a lot of random pictures of clouds.

In other news - I recently donated $25 to charity. Some guy from the police department called PIzza Hut and asked if the store would donate money. Something for kids. I told him that I wasn't authorized to make that decision, and before I could go any further, he asked me if I wanted to make a personal donation.

Why not? I don't really know what it's for, but it's organized by the Princeton Police department and has something to do with kids. I figure it's a good cause.

For making my donation, I received a window-cling sticker thing that states I'm a supporter of what they're doing. The officer strongly suggested that having that placed on my car could potentially help me get out of a ticket.

I have a new thing I do when I'm bored - I go to Concord and hang out. Usually in the Student Center, but sometimes I go to the Fine Arts Building and goof off on my computer. I still know the password to get into the Fine Arts Building when it's locked. I don't know if I'm supposed to or not...

I really like Concord's campus and being there. I'm officially at the point where I miss school. I didn't get the job I blogged about last month, so my options are go to school or waste my life. It was a pretty easy decision to decide to go back to Concord. I haven't done anything regarding becoming a student again, but I'll work on that. I'm not 100 percent sure on what I need to do. I'll call somebody and figure it out.

That's all for now. I felt like throwing a couple random, disorganized points out there. I'll hopefully be back with something of substance later.

No comments:

Post a Comment