Saturday, July 31, 2010

Morgantown, Part Deux

Wednesday, July 28, I made my second visit to Morgantown. Click here to read about my first trip. I had a fun time with Candace Nelson. All-in-all, it was a very enjoyable trip. I hope to make a few more visits in the future.

The 3-hour trip wasn't too bad this time. My earlier prediction of only needing 4 times before I don't need to use directions any more seems like it could be correct. On trip #2 I knew the general direction I was going, I just didn't remember the exact exits I had to get off. So, if I remember those on trip #3, but the time number 4 rolls around I should be good. Of course, that's if there are more trips planned. We'll see...

iPod playlist on the way up: Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV, half of Nirvana's In Utero

I usually don't get into such a Led Zeppelin mood. I don't know what happened. I was looking for something to play & picked their first album. After that album finished I picked the next and by the time the trip was almost over I had listened to their first 4 albums. An odd note - I was wearing a Nirvana shirt while listening to a Nirvana album.

Here are some tweets I sent out during the trip. I will plead the fifth when asked if I was tweeting and driving...

Just passed the hometown of Marlan McQuade, a co-founder of National Grandparents Day. Isn't that interesting?

Usually don't get in such a big Led Zeppelin mood. Have listened to Zep I, II, and am halfway through III.

Need to get off exit 148. Just passed exit 62.

I think this is the 4th Go Mart I've passed in the last 90 minutes...

"Tangerine" is probably my favorite Led Zeppelin song.

Sitting with @Candace07. Figuring out our plans.


We'll use that last tweet to segue into after I actually got to Morgantown.

I guess Candace and I are starting a tradition of taking me to eat at places I've never been before. Last time was Red Lobster. I don't remember what the place was called this time, but it was Chinese food. It was pretty good.

Here's what has perplexed my friends, and it will probably perplex a lot more people. I told them what happened and they responded with: "You drove 3 hours to see a girl and you didn't do anything?" And, to be honest, we didn't do anything. We watched tv at her apartment, went out to eat, then watched tv at her apartment. Toddlers & Tiaras is a crazy show.

I enjoyed sitting there and hanging out with her. We didn't need any fake stimuli to distract us from the fact that we had nothing in common like a lot of other people. I sat with her and enjoyed her company. I'm going to assume she enjoyed it, too. At least that's what she's telling me.

Interesting story time: While I was on my way to Morgantown I got a text telling me that my friend Hoby [nickname] was also in Morgantown. He lives in Princeton, along with me. Probably around 9 p.m. my phone rings. It's Hoby. I answer and it is another friend, John Fralick, on Hoby's phone. Long story short, John was with Hoby. They're on their way back from Morgantown and John forgot his keys. He saw on Twitter that I was in Morgantown and wants to see if I can get his keys for him.

A couple text messages and a phone call later and I have John Fralick's keys. There's the power of Twitter. That would have sucked for him if he hadn't known I was there.

I stayed Wednesday night and left Thursday morning. It was an early drive, as Candace had to be at her internship by 9 a.m. The second drive back was fairly easy. Like the first time, I remembered a lot of my surroundings. Despite having very little sleep, I made it back to Princeton in one piece.

iPod playlist on the way back: rest of Nirvana's In Utero, Nirvana's Unplugged in NY, Green Day's International Superhits, then probably 4 songs of a Guns N' Roses greatest hits album before my iPod died.

Without going too deep into our business, you could say I "like" Candace Nelson and that the feeling is mutual. Of course, the disadvantage of liking a girl who lives 3 hours away is that she lives 3 hours away. We talked a little bit about what we want to do and stuff. I think we have a general course of action selected. We're just trying to figure stuff out, I guess. I'll give an update on that eventually.

I'm sure a lot of people who know me - or kind of know me or think they know me - are probably saying, "Chris, don't you live with a girl? A girl you dated forever?" The answer to both questions is yes. I guess I'll give an update on that situation too at some point.

I guess that's all for now. I'll leave with a picture of my new car, which my grandpa got for me a couple days ago. I visited him for the first time since November. He got me a car, my cousin had a baby. Some stuff happened. I'll blog about that soon. http://tweetphoto.com/35790152

4 comments:

  1. "I think we have a general course of action selected." Interesting - thinking about moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at this point in time. That is quite a big step there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good time. I enjoyed myself. And, I guess you could say I "like" you, too.

    The place we went to eat was called "Eastern Walk" for future reference. You have to remember which ones we go to so we don't go back to them!

    "Of course, that's if there are more trips planned. We'll see..." Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm leaving you in charge of remembering restaurants. You know I'm not good with stuff...

    ReplyDelete