Wednesday, July 21, 2010

31 - "Turn it Again," Red Hot Chili Peppers



As I mentioned when I first started doing this list, this is not a collection of my 50 most-favorite songs. This is the list of the top 50 songs on my iTunes most-played list. I blogged back in January about being on a RHCP "kick," and that's the reason this song is so high on the list. There are a lot of slower-paced songs on the "Stadium Arcadium" album and I was in the mood to listen to a faster-paced track.

A cool thing about this song is that it is sort of an homage to the group's early funk sounds. The opening features the bass prominently and the guitar sound is more similar to their earlier work.

Again, one of the fun things about the Red Hot Chili Peppers is trying to figure out what a lot of their songs are about. Just a tip, it's usually about drugs or sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment