Monday, June 7, 2010

40 - "Hitchin' A Ride," Green Day



I like Green Day. They've turned into the "cool band that everybody loves to hate" since American Idiot came out back in 2004. But, before that, Green Day was cool. And, I still think they are. Personally, I think American Idiot was the best album of the last 10 years. Rolling Stone magazine slightly disagreed with me, as they placed it at #22 on their list of the 100 greatest albums of the last decade.

This song isn't from American Idiot. But, it's still good. "Hitchin' A Ride" is a cool song to rock out to. And, I did that to this song quite a bit.

This is the first of 3 songs on the list. Both are in the Top 15. So, you won't be seeing Green Day in the list for a while. And, despite how much I just went on about American Idiot being awesome, none of the songs on this list are from that album...

1 comment:

  1. I love pretty much everything Green Day, but then again, my first CD ever was Dookie. I think Nimrod is pretty underrated, since it has a lot of heavy stuff while hinting at more of the grown-up stuff Green Day would do in the future.

    Also, I like any band that releases a long rock anthem nowadays, whether it is Green Day or the Foo Fighters.

    ReplyDelete