Wednesday, June 9, 2010

39 - "MC5," Stone Temple Pilots



Stone Temple Pilots is the first band to make a repeat appearance in the list of the Top 50 most-played songs on my computer's iTunes. They first checked in at #47 with "I Got You." I'm actually kind of surprised that STP has 6 songs in my list, peaking at #18. I'm even more surprised that they're all from the same album. To see the entire list so far, click on the "Top 50" tag at the bottom of this entry.

"MC5" is one of those songs where you crank up the volume, close your eyes, and let your troubles go away for a couple minutes. That's why this song - and a lot of other STP tracks - are on the list. It's good to just rock out every now and then, and STP allows you the opportunity to do just that.

Another thing I really like about "MC5" is that the vocals are so smooth. While the guitars and drums are going everywhere, Scott Weiland's voice is somewhat calm and chill. The differences in the instruments and the vocals give the song a nice vibe that I like.

We'll see STP again in a couple days, as they occupy the #35 spot in the list, making them the first band to 3-peat in the list. For trivia, the first band to 4-peat on the list is the Red Hot Chili Peppers. We won't see them again in the list until #34.

No comments:

Post a Comment