Friday, June 18, 2010

37 - "Yellow," Coldplay



When I first compiled the list of the top 50 most-played songs on my computer's iTunes, I showed it to Kelly. I asked her questions about it, "What are your favorite songs," "Which ones do you not like," etc...

I also asked her the question, "Which songs did you not expect to see on this list?" Her response was #32 and #37. You'll see what #32 is soon enough, but #37 is Coldplay's first hit, "Yellow."

When you need a chill, easy-going, relaxing song to listen to, "Yellow" is a good one to listen to. It puts me in a good mood, and that's a great quality for a song to have.

2 comments:

  1. I have the opposite reaction - All of Coldplay's songs make me feel depressed and blah. I normally skew more toward louder pop punk when I need to get pumped up, or something like "Doin' Time" by Sublime or Pink Floyd when I want to mellow out. (Note: I am the only person who doesn't smoke pot while doing this.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, some Coldplay makes me feel depressed, but not this one. I'm not a big fan of Pink Floyd; I can tolerate their music if it's on the radio or something, but there's only 1 of their songs I actually enjoy.

    ReplyDelete