Friday, April 9, 2010

VPAD update; interviews complete

At the end of February, I blogged about Concord's search for a permanent Vice President and Academic Dean. Click here to read that. The position is presently being filled by John David Smith on an interim basis.

All of the four candidates - John David Smith, Erik Lee, Steven Stahl, & LeVon Neal - have made trips to campus and met with different constituency groups. The candidates' meetings with Concord's faculty were recorded and available as a .wmv file. The links are below, with the date they spoke in parentheses. You need Windows Media Player to play the videos.

LeVon Neal (03-22-10)

John David Smith (03-24-10)

Erik Lee (03-29-10)

Steven Stahl (04-06-10)

I'm not 100 percent sure when the new Vice President and Academic Dean will be announced, but I assume it will be relatively soon. If anybody has more information on that, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to comment and say that it was really disappointing that no one showed for Dr. Smith's interview. He sat down in the Rahall Center for around an hour and a half and besides Marshall Campbell and myself, he was alone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. * and when I say "no one" I meant for the meeting with the students. :)

    ReplyDelete