Friday, April 23, 2010

VPAD update; John David Smith selected as new Vice President & Academic Dean

The following e-mail is from Concord's President, Dr. Gregory Aloia. In it, he announces that Dr. John David Smith is the new Vice President and Academic Dean. The VPAD position will essentially make JDS the "number 2" man around campus. He will serve directly under President Aloia and be in charge of several divisions. Smith has been serving in the capacity in an interim basis for a while now.

Click here to see links to meetings the candidates had with Concord's faculty members. Aloia's e-mail is below.

* * *

The Search Committee for a Vice President and Academic Dean provided me with recommendations regarding the candidates last Friday. The Committee recommended that I consider all four finalists as qualified for the position. I want to commend and thank the Committee for their excellent work throughout the entire search process. I also want to thank the University community for its involvement in the search process and for meeting with the candidates.

Since receiving the Committee’s recommendations, I thoroughly considered each candidate on the information I gleaned from my interviews with them, the comments received from faculty, staff, and students, the committee recommendations, as well as numerous telephone conversations regarding the candidates. I was very pleased with the overall quality of the applicant pool.

After thoughtful deliberation, I am very pleased to announce that Dr. John David Smith has been selected to serve as Vice President and Academic Dean. He will officially assume his duties on Monday, May 3, 2010. Please join me in congratulating Dr. Smith.

President
Concord University
Marsh Hall 200
PO BOX 1000
Athens, WV 24712
304-384-5224
president @ concord.edu

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Smith will do a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he will as well. I haven't heard any complaints about his interim work. The only complaint I have is that he's so busy now that I never see him around campus lol

    ReplyDelete