Thursday, April 29, 2010

04-28-10 SGA meeting

I did not attend the final Student Government Association meeting of the semester. I just woke up and didn't feel like going. I don't know. Kelly & I went shoe shopping instead. It was fun. I got a new pair of Converse, since my old pair was worn out.

Since I didn't attend the meeting, somebody let me know if anything interesting happened. The last meeting is when awards are handed out and the new officers are sworn in.

Apparently, former SGA Secretary Norma Acord showed up to the meeting, as I saw this recent status on Facebook - "Norma Jean Acord came to the SGA meeting...just for the cake". That made me giggle. If you don't know why that's funny, click here & then click here to read a couple blogs from a year ago.

* * *

I'll try to have a couple more blogs out sometime soon about "Concord stuff." I haven't had as much free time (i.e. "blogging time") as I would have liked lately, so I haven't had a chance to get my thoughts down.

As always, here's my disclaimer -

I import these blogs into Facebook. That gives me the option to "tag" people, sending them an e-mail notification. I tag people for two reasons - 1) if I mention you by name & 2) if I think you will find this interesting. If you are tagged and don't want to be, let me know. If I don't tag you & you'd like to be tagged in the future, let me know.

There is a comment feature on this blog & I don't mind if you use it. It's cool to disagree, as long as it's kept civil. Anonymous comments are allowed, as long as it's relevant & mildly profanity free.

2 comments:

  1. "Hi, I'm Chris Slater. I just turned 40 and am pretty proud of myself. I make hundreds of pizzas a week and spend the rest of my time attending Concord University SGA meetings and talking about how I know better than everyone else. I write in-depth blogs and indulge myself in campus gossip because I honestly have nothing else to do with my time, no friends, and have never grown up and ventured out of my little comfort zone where I once had a tiny bit of relevance. I haven't been a student for dozens of years and never graduated from Concord, but I like to think I still matter. Lend me a quarter, please."

    ReplyDelete