Monday, March 1, 2010

Things to Do

Not really much of an update, I've been bogged down a little bit with "life" and all that stuff. Being an adult is a little more time consuming than I previously thought. I wanted to leave you with a list of blogs that I'm presently working on.

- Thoughts on the 2/24/10 meeting of the Student Government Association

- Commentary on the SGA's recent attempts at increased transparency (new facebook & twitter accounts)

- Top 10 Concord stories of the last decade

- Websites I like

- Personal update

The "SGA blog" will likely be up sometime tomorrow, and definitely before Wednesday. As of right now, the thoughts on the SGA's transparency will be a seperate entry; it may wind up being some thoughts tacked onto the "SGA blog" if I get lazy.

Usually, a Top 10 list of the previous decade usually comes out in January of the new decade. I didn't come up with the idea to do this until January, and then most of January was spent coming up with the list. February has been spent mostly ignoring the work I did in January.

I'll get around to doing that sometime probably in the next week or two. It's definitely a project I want to do, just because I think it's interesting; it's just not a high priority for me right now. I'll likely get around to it in the next week or two.

As a preview, the top story of the last decade was Concord College becoming Concord University.

If you have any suggestions for what you think should be a top story, or just want to see what my list is, let me know.

"Websites I like" is just a list I started writing down one night. It's mostly funny sites I go to when I'm bored & have time to kill. Here's a couple examples - http://www.garfieldminusgarfield.net/ & http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/. I've got like 10 or 11 of those that I'll post eventually.

I haven't had a personal update in a while. I've been living on my own with Kelly for like 4 months now. I took a semester off from school. I actually have some authority/power in my job. I feel like I should discuss some of that with people. I don't know, somebody might actually be interested in that stuff.

There's that for now. Don't forget to check out http://twitter.com/chris_slater for more updates from me. Some of the tweets are funny, most are pointless, but I think a majority are interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment