Monday, January 11, 2010

Decisions...

The Spring 2010 semester at Concord begins tomorrow, Monday, January 11. What am I doing tomorrow, Monday, January 11? Working at Pizza Hut from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Obviously, I won't be at Concord on the first day of classes. I'm not sure if I'll be back any at all this semester.

I'm undecided about what I'm doing at Concord right now. I am considering taking a semester off. I know that's not really smart, but it's a lot smarter than being at school when you don't want to be.

I got very disinterested in school shortly after the fall semester began. I started off very well, going about 3 weeks with perfect attendance and studying and all that good stuff. But, then, I had a few issues come up and I just lost my interest in school really quick. I didn't go to class as much and didn't work as hard as I should have and my grades suffered as a result.

Even my work on the staff of The Concordian suffered. You may not think it from looking at the list of articles I wrote, but I was not 100 percent motivated through all of that. Imagine if I had been. Probably would have been a lot better.

So, I'm not sure what I'm doing right now. I've been mulling the idea of taking a break from school for most of the winter break. Since I still haven't reached a decision, I obviously haven't been thinking hard enough. I'll weigh my options through most of Monday and I'll hopefully have a decision by that night.

I've quit worrying about graduating "on time." It doesn't really bother me that I'm a 23-year-old, sixth-year college student. I came to the realization recently that if I graduated right now, I'd still be in the same place in my life. Graduating from college won't affect my life for a while.

I don't want to stay in this area and have a career. I want to stay in this area and have fun with my friends and work at Pizza Hut. I'm not going to pursue a career until I'm ready to move out of Princeton to somewhere "bigger." I'm not ready to leave this area and pursue a career. I would be working at Pizza Hut with a college degree. I'm perfectly content to work at Pizza Hut right now without a college degree.

So, I guess I'll figure things out & let everybody know what's going on. I'll probably be on campus Tuesday, to check things out.

I'll leave you with a pretty cool song. In a weird way, it sums up a lot right now.


"Strip My Mind," Red Hot Chili Peppers (2006)

1 comment:

  1. I think taking a semester off sounds a lot worse than it is. If your heart isn't into school right now, why go? That's what happened to me and I didn't go back, but I have faith that you'll actually finish your degree. It's really not as bad as it sounds, trust me.
    -Kara

    ReplyDelete