Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tweets from the 10/14/09 SGA meeting

People were active with their Twitter accounts at today's meeting of the Student Government Association. I'll have the actual "SGA Blog" thing that I usually do sometime later this week, but for now I wanted to post the tweets that occurred during the SGA meeting. Click here to see the last blog of tweets that I posted.

I'll give a couple main points that occured during the meeting. That way some of the tweets will be easier to understand. There's apparently been some issues with students using fake handicap decals to get better parking spots. The Ethics committee will be looking at the "Maxwell Clause" (which allows the President to make decisions during breaks w/o approval from the Senate). There are pigeons in the library. SGA Senator Ashley Hicks lost her voting rights after getting her third absence last week. The visitation policy last semester's Housing committee worked on passed.

Before we begin, there is one thing I would like to clear up, since it got re-tweeted & I want to stop the spread of incorrect information. Kiwa Nadas did not walk out of the SGA meeting. I tweeted that she did, and I was incorrect. I sent out a correction, as you'll read below. After Ashley lost her voting rights, she got up and left. I turned around and saw her, Gary Thompson, and who I thought to be Kiwa leaving. I only saw the back of her head and apologize for spreading incorrect information.

Some background information is below -

People:

@chris_slater - me
@Goodrichk18 - Kelly Goodrich
@buckskeen - Buck Skeen
@lewisb01 - Bill Lewis
@SigTauGod - Mike Mann
@Biff359 - Sean Noland
@RC9000000 - Russell Christian

@brittrothausen - Brittany Rothausen
@mike_stanton - Mike Stanton
@Miss_Dani_Baby - Random girl from New Jersey that I talk to
@IVHORSEMEN - Random guy from Georgia that I talk to

Kelly and Sean were both present but didn't tweet. Buck wasn't at the meeting, but did tweet. Brittany wasn't at the meeting, but responded to one of my tweets. Mike wasn't at the meeting and didn't tweet anything relevant to the meeting. I thought his tweet was funny, so I Re-Tweeted it. "Miss_Dani_Baby" and "IVHORSEMEN" are two people on Twitter that I communicate with; they don't live in this state and have no idea what's going on with Concord University's SGA, they just chimed in at a couple points.

Check the comment section in the last "tweet blog" to understand Bill & Mike's talk of being unprofessional.

Terms:

"RT" means Re-Tweet. If you see "RT" before a message, that means I'm re-posting what somebody else said. You can leave your own comments before the "RT" in the message.

If a message begins with "@_______" that means it is a reply to that person. If I write "@buckskeen," I am sending a reply to Buck. It's still public and people can see my reply.

I'll post my tweets, in addition to everyone elses. Their tweets will have their name in parentheses before the tweet.

The tweets are below. The first one is from me, and was sent out about half-an-hour before the meeting started.

* * *

Line for a Homecoming shirt is too long. I'll get one later.

(Bill Lewis) Ready to "unprofessionally" tweet my way through a meeting...

RT @lewisb01: Ready to "unprofessionally" tweet my way through a meeting...

(Mike Mann) Being all unprofessional and twittering during sga. Shyeahhh

RT @SigTauGod: Being all unprofessional and twittering during sga. Shyeahhh

At the @CU_SGA meeting. Should be fun.

(Mike Mann) Dude me and bill twittered the same thing at the same time. Epic win. Ladies and gentlemen. Unprofessionalism at it's finest

(Bill Lewis) Not looking forward to pulling these voting rights today...

RT @lewisb01: Not looking forward to pulling these voting rights today...

No soda & snack food in the meeting today #fml

(Mike Mann) Ummm... Ok.... I gotta admit. Using ur grandparents handicapped sticker is kinda dirty.

(Russell Christian) No food and no drinks make sentor christian...very board

(Bill Lewis) Report! It's a report! Bullet points people!

(Russell Christian) Long winded ginger likes to here him self talk

Would make it easier for me 2 RT @lewisb01: Report! It's a report! Bullet points people!

Election Reform committee is Monday @ 2 in the SGA Office.

(Mike Mann) Interesting side note..the founder of the Maxwell clause.. Most definatley a sig tau

RT @SigTauGod: Interesting side note..the founder of the Maxwell clause.. Most definatley a sig tau

(Mike Mann) @Rc9000000 pwah

RT @SigTauGod: @Rc9000000 pwah

(Mike Mann) I think Dr. Rowe is awesome. All around great man

PIGEONS IN THE LIBRARY!!!!!! WHAT?!

(Bill Lewis) Pigeons!? wtf

Ashley Hicks, Kiwa Nadas, & Gary Thompson just walked out of the SGA meeting. Hicks had just lost her voting tights.

(Miss_Dani_Baby) @chris_slater tights? oh really. i hate losing my tights too. that means I have to put on real pants

(IVHORSEMEN) @chris_slater nice so yall took her tights was she wearing panties or a thong or wut

(Mike Mann) Dude. I think I am twittering more now than I ever have

(Buck Skeen) Tweeting. The proper term is tweeting. ;) RT @SigTauGod: Dude. I think I am twittering more now than I ever have

RT @buckskeen: Tweeting. The proper term is tweeting. ;) RT @SigTauGod: Dude. I think I am twittering more now than I ever have

(Buck Skeen) WIN! RT @chris_slater: Ashley Hicks, Kiwa Nadas, & Gary Thompson just walked out of the SGA meeting. Hicks had just lost her voting tights.

(Buck Skeen) Good to see @lewisb01 is willing to drop the hammer.

***CORRECTION*** Ashley Hicks lost her voting RIGHTS, not tights.

(Russell Christian) I glade she kept her close on RT: @chris_slater ***CORRECTION*** Ashley Hicks lost her voting RIGHTS, not tights.

(Bill Lewis) @chris_slater kiwa is still in the front row

Oops, @lewisb01. Was it Katlyn Amos who walked out?

I was just informed by @lewisb01 that Kiwa is still present. I believe it was Katlyn Amos who left with Ashley. I apologize for the error.

(Miss_Dani_Baby) @chris_slater you should apologize to the tights too

RT @mike_stanton: i don't know why. but Pepsi and a can of Spam is one helluva good snack.

I hope nobody asks for a roll call... The people who walked out would be counted absent...

(Mike Mann) Awesome. New visitation policy

(Mike Mann) Gogoogo brother fraley

(Russell Christian) Yeah go brother fraily

(Mike Mann) Drunk rest of homecoming week haha

(Russell Christian) I am ready for homecoming to be over

(Bill Lewis) Well Marjie wasn't paying attention...

(Mike Mann) I dunno just don't like the word tweeting. Haha

(Mike Mann) I wonder how this is going to turn out?

There's a group on campus called "CU Elite." What is that?

(Brittany Rothausen) @chris_slater CU Elite is the dance team

(Miss_Dani_Baby) @chris_slater C always stands for cunt

@Miss_Dani_Baby The "CU" stands for Concord University lol.

(Bill Lewis) It irks me when ppl talk about the budget cut that never was...if more ppl paid attention that wud b a larger issue

(Miss_Dani_Baby) @chris_slater no that's a lie

RT @lewisb01: It irks me when ppl talk about the budget cut that never was...if more ppl paid attention that wud b a larger issue

The @CU_SGA business manager just mentioned "spring fling." Will the event have a dance?

(Mike Mann) @chris_slater dance team. Tkes are running with them for homecoming

Thanx. CU ELITE = dance team RT @SigTauGod: @chris_slater dance team. Tkes are running with them for homecoming

(Mike Mann) Spring fling is cool. But a lot of the stuff is kinda pointless

(Bill Lewis) WTF is going on? we are asking to spend $200 more than we need to? What parallel universe did I walk into?

@lewisb01 I guess we're trying to be generous.

Hmmm... @Goodrichk18 has decided to skip night class. Looks like I'm leaving early today.

(Bill Lewis) @chris_slater dance team

Gavin Ward just pwned @Biff359.

(Mike Mann) Parlimentarian takes no prisoners

(Bill Lewis) @chris_slater yea he did...

RT @SigTauGod: Spring fling is cool. But a lot of the stuff is kinda pointless

Kelly: "I want to go to more film society events." Me: "Do you want to go to this week's?" Kelly: "No."

Meeting is over. I found Kiwa Nadas' ID card on the floor, so I gave it to Matt Belcher to give to her.

(Miss_Dani_Baby) @chris_slater did you find the voting tights as well?

@Miss_Dani_Baby Funny thing is, she actually was wearing tights lol

* * *

Yeah, the tweeting ended kind of abruptly. But, it was interesting while it lasted.

So, there's what we were all thinking as the meeting was going on. I should have more thoughts later.

Disclaimer:

I import these blogs into Facebook. That gives me the option to "tag" people, sending them an e-mail notification. I tag people for two reasons - 1) if I mention you by name & 2) if I think you will find this interesting. If you are tagged and don't want to be, let me know. If I don't tag you & you'd like to be tagged in the future, let me know.

There is a comment feature on this blog & I don't mind if you use it. It's cool to disagree, as long as it's kept civil. Anonymous comments are allowed, as long as it's relevant & mildly profanity free.

15 comments:

  1. Correct me if i am wrong, but Senator Hicks did not lose her voting rights, She lost her position. check the bylaws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I meant. I put "voting rights" because that's the term they use regarding organizations. It's very rare for a Senator to get 3 absences, it's almost always an organization, so I was using that wording.

    To clear up any confusion - Ashley Hicks is no longer a Senator after getting her 3rd absence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany RothausenOctober 15, 2009 at 1:26 AM

    Just a comment: I like that there are people tweeting during these events. I don't think it's unprofessional at all. I'd wager your blog posts and tweets keep a lot of people informed about issues going on in SGA that they wouldn't otherwise know about because they can't attend or are just put off by the atmosphere of the meetings all together. So thanks for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Russell can't spell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very much looking forward to your response to that article about the fliers. I had a few choice thoughts about that one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To respond to "Anonymous," you said,

    "Wow. Russell can't spell."

    He's got big fingers and such a small BlackBerry keyboard, cut him some slack. You've got to type fast to keep up w/ tweeting in the SGA meeting, and mistakes happen. Check out my "tights/rights" snafu lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. To respond to "Anonymous," you said,

    "I'm very much looking forward to your response to that article about the fliers. I had a few choice thoughts about that one as well."

    I doubt I'll be as harsh as a lot of people expect me to be. She had a couple points she brought up that I agree with. And a couple other points...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwa is still working on faulty logic...but I'll save that for the actual blog post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris, as you know, I wasn't at the meeting. What was said about me to cause my brothers to tweet my name?

    Bill Fraley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I figured it was something like that, but I wanted to make sure. As always, I enjoy your blogs and articles. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a bit upset about some of the things that were tweeted on here. I feel it it represents my organization poorly, and therefore represents me poorly. I do not condone these select tweets, and hopefully my brothers will restrain themselves. The TKEocrcy is gone and my hope is that the "gentlemen" in the room will act more responsibly for now in hope the SGA can continue to improve its image on campus. I hope in the future we the tweets are a bit more informational and less bashing of organizations and individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Robert,

    After first reading your comment, I wasn't sure what you were talking about. But, I re-read some of the tweets and I see your point. There were a few STG-related tweets that may not have been in the best taste.

    ReplyDelete