Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome to my new home

Yes, I'm on "Blogger" now. I've been blogging on MySpace since 2006, but felt it was time for a change. Well, I was kind of forced into a change. About two months ago, my e-mail password was hacked and somebody managed to delete my MySpace account. Three years of blogs were gone. It sucked, but I regrouped & recreated my account. Then, it happened again a couple weeks ago.

This time, it was a little more personal. The last time, somebody just deleted my account and that was it. This time, somebody took control of my e-mail address, Facebook account, and Twitter page. They deleted my MySpace but kept the other three up & running under my name.

I've managed to get the "fake" Twitter account fixed. I had to re-start my page but I'm back on Twitter - http://twitter.com/chris_slater ... The Facebook profile is still up there. The person doing this thought it would be funny to remove my default picture and replace it with one of a man in a KKK robe. I've been trying to get that account deleted for a couple weeks now. If anybody has any suggestions on how, let me know. I've went ahead and created a new Facebook page. You can search for that if you'd like to add me. I haven't gotten around to making a new MySpace page. Not sure if I will...

For the people who have been following me since 2006, you really don't need an introduction to what I'll be writing about. But, since this is a new area for me and I'll hopefully pick up some new readers here, I'll give an explanation of what we'll be discussing:

I'm a fifth-year college student at Concord University, located in Athens, WV. That institution is near-and-dear to my heart & I often blog about issues surrounding CU. I don't know exactly who reads my blog, but I'll assume that probably 90 percent of my readers are Concord students. I mainly talk about Concord University's Student Government Association. I was on the staff of Concord University's student-newspaper The Concordian for four years, serving as Editor-in-Chief my fourth year. I also discuss the newspaper a lot.

That's mainly all I've focused on lately at Concord. I think in the future I may broaden my horizons a little bit with my Concord-related "reporting."

I'm also a fan of professional wrestling. In the past, I blogged about wrestling on a semi-regular basis. For the most part, I now watch wrestling with my computer in front of me and sent out Tweets to my Twitter page during the show. So, that will spare most of you from reading wrestling blogs. I may still throw a few out here every now & again.

I'll also throw out a lot of random blogs. If I'm feeling bored and want to purge some thoughts from my head, I often do that. If I see a funny movie I want to see, I'll throw up a link to the trailer or something. Basically, a hodgepodge of everything will be thrown into my blog.

So, I guess we'll see where we go from here. I'm in the process of enacting some better security measure so hopefully my account won't get hacked into again. Hopefully that won't happen again. If it does, we'll regroup & pick ourselves back up. If not, then we'll be happy.

I'll leave with a few random links that I found today & think are interesting:

Click here to read about plans for the last episode of long-running sketch comedy program MADtv. I liked that show as a kid and am kind of sad to see it go. But, honestly, the MADtv I loved as a kid has been gone for several years now.

Click here to see an interesting feature from the San Francisco Chronicle about leaving comments on news stories. It talks about a guy who's left 1400 comments on news stories in the last 3 months.

Click here to see another SFChronicle article where former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice was speaking to an elementary school and got questioned about torture tactics by a fourth grader. Funny stuff.

Also, check these out:

Click here to see the homepage for Concord University, my college. One day, in the distant future, I will call it my "Concord University, my alma mater." One day.

Click here to see the site for The Concordian, Concord University's student newspaper. I signed the paper up for this site during my tenure as Editor-in-Chief. Sadly, though, the hosting site didn't get through all the legalities and "bureaucracy" until after my tenure as Editor-in-Chief had ended.

Questions or comments, don't be afraid to leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment